Wondering if you’ve just got a case of the blues or if you’re suffering from depression or bipolar disorder? Do you think the symptoms you’re experiencing might be anxiety, but you don’t know if it’s anything to worry about or not?
Several legitimate resources offer online mental health screenings that will help you evaluate your condition and advise you on whether or not you should talk to a mental health professional.
Could I have clinical depression?
- Mental Health America
- NYU Medical Center
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA)
- See also: Symptoms of depression
Could I have bipolar disorder?
- The Mood Disorder Questionnaire Depression Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA)
- The Bipolar Spectrum Diagnostic Scale (BSDS), Ronald Pies, MD, S. Nassir Ghaemi, MD, MPH
- See also: Symptoms of bipolar disorder
Could I have an anxiety disorder?
- Hamilton Anxiety Rating Scale, Depression Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA)
- Screening for Anxiety: Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Panic Disorder, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder and Specific Phobias. The Anxiety Disorders Association of America (ADAA)
- See also: Anxiety or Anxiety Disorder?
Important Note: These screenings are not designed to make a diagnosis or take the place of a professional consultation, but can alert you to mental health concerns that may indicate the need for an evaluation by a psychiatrist.